Saturday, June 11, 2005

podcast #8, Immersion Language Schools I

podcast #8, Immersion language schools, I

(link to the podcast)

ERROR CORRECTION!!! 123teachme, not 123thinkspanish (thanks Jake)

www.123teachme.com
I recommend this website to find schools you might like.
this website will direct you to the specific websites of each school.
Email the director of each school to learn more and get a feeling about their interest and accessiblity.
Ask for a list of former students, and communicate directly with them, this is very interesting and valuable.

thanks to Jake Byrne, I now realize my feed address is case- sensitive,
set your RSS feed to:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TryingToLearnSpanishPodcast

from Stacey: any feedback on Think Spanish audio magazine?

Have comments or questions on immersion language schools?

Please comment on this web site (include your email if you want a reply),

or email me at: learningspanish@gmail.com

5 Comments:

At 6/11/2005 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Michel Thomas pronounces his name like 'Michelle' and not like 'Michael' like in a few of your podcasts.

I thought this was a very discouraging podcast. If you have gone to 5 different schools and you are still are not at an adequate level of Spanish that just tells me there is absolutely no hope for me.

 
At 6/28/2005 9:12 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Michael:
Thanks for the tip on how to pronounce Michel Thomas's name! Don't be discouraged just becuase I am still learning. Actually, my Spanish is pretty good. I can carry on a good conversation with a native speaker with few problems. I just want to keep improving, and really, there is still a lot to learn. I like learning Spanish, and hope these podcasts can direct you to something that will be useful and you will like. They are definitely NOT meant to discourage you! Thanks for leaving your comment, Rich

 
At 3/28/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Charley,
Thanks for the email with your opinion about the 123teachme website. I agree with you that their mission is unclear, and that they are too secretive. That being said, it is still the only website that I have found that is does not have a direct, paid relationship with the schools that they mention. I do recommend to my listeners that they contact the schools individually and interact with the directors, and get a list of former students and write directly to them. Even given what seems to me to be the counterproductive secrecy of the 123 website, it is still usefull as a general guide to what is out there in the way of immersion language schools. It has a quite comprehensive list. I do not promote their rankings as an authoritative guide. Anybodies rankings can be quite controversial, just look at the annual college rankings here in the US. It is convenient to be able to look at some of the features of the schools side by side, instead of only in their websites. If anyone knows of another site with comprehensive listings of language schools, that is not touting their own organization, please let us know.
Rich

 
At 6/24/2007 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't imagine going to a immersion school for 6 weeks like you did. I agree with the other poster, it does seem discouraging that after 6 weeks your Spanish wasn't dramatically better. I had been considering going for a week thinking that it would make a difference in my beginning level Spanish; however, now I am reconsidering based on your experience.

 
At 6/21/2011 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well learning Spanish takes time and effort. But experience is experience and its great to have such opportunity.

http://www.easiestwaytolearnspanishonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home