Sunday, March 13, 2005

Subject matter of this blog

To the readers and listeners of this blog:

This podcast is for adult students and learners of Spanish. I only specify "adult" here because I think the resources and methods of learning a language as an adult are different than for children. My experience is as an adult learner, and that's what I will address in this blog/podcast.

I have been interested for some time in "Trying to Learn Spanish". Note "trying" signifies a work in progress, a work certainly in it's early stages. By now, about three years in, I have amassed some experiences and resources that I will share here. I imagine that someone else can profit from some of the things I have tried, and also hope to attract some feedback and comment that will be of use to me and others on our path to learning Spanish.

I am setting up this, my first blog, without much of any technical experience in blogging or podcasting, so if you come across this and have something to offer me in the way of advice, I would welcome it.

This weblog and podcast are not about the actual mechanics of learning Spanish, but about the process, and especially the resources available. I will leave the "how" to the experts; but I do hope to provide some insight on where to find some of these experts, and to attract more comments on the same, which I will share with you.

Basically, I hope this will be the blog I wished I could find as I looked for and tried many different things in my ongoing attempt to learn Spanish. There is no one "right" way to do it, I hope together we can create a smorgasbord of possibilities that will help each of us continue to enjoy and make progress in "Trying to Learn Spanish".

I plan to eventually cover the following material, and more:

1. Books and articles on language learning, especially second language acquisition.
2. Tapes and CDs designed to teach you Spanish
3. Immersion language schools (I have attended 4 so far)
4. Language learning in schools here in the US (I have studied in a community college)
5. Speaking Spanish with local hispanohablantes
6. Volunteering with your Spanish
7. Grammar books and other books designed to teach you Spanish
8. Using podcast for learning Spanish
9. Using movies for learning Spanish
10. Using live radio for learning Spanish
11. Using websites for learning Spanish
12. Using Internet radio for learning Spanish
13. Using novels for learning Spanish
14. Using magazines and newspapers for learning Spanish

Please leave me your comments and feedback,
Rich

Please comment on this web site:
http://tryingtolearnspanish.blogspot.com/

or email me at: learningspanish@gmail.com

17 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great stuff - just listened to the ten podcasts today. Will you have one on computer programs to help learn spanish? I bought the Rosetta Stone 1&2 and I like them very much - but I see your point about having lots of different flavors of comprehensible input. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts. Thanks Mucho
Peter in Arlington, Va.

 
At 8/07/2005 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rich,
I'm not much of a talker, but I really had to register my enthsiasm for your Podcast. I am a beginner at Spanish, having been studying for 18 months and I have found your Podcasts both very helpful and motivating. So even if I'm not a regular contributor to this blog, I really will be eagerly awaiting your next Podcast.
Cheers
Trev

 
At 11/20/2005 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your podcasts just in time to help me revitalize my forgotten Spanish. This is going to be fun! Thanks so much for doing this service.

Encantada,
Susanne

 
At 1/07/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info

 
At 1/27/2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich

Thanks for the great Blog. Getting ready to return to a position at a large wholesale nursery with many latino workers. Attended a great seminar at the Ohio Nursery Shortcourse the other day presented by OSU's Dr.Claaudio C. Pasian. He has authored an Ohio State Extension Bulletin 900 that is a audio cd with paper text entitled "Spanish for Greenhouse Supervisors". I would think it also very usefull for the entire green industry. Its not listed on OSU's web sites yet. It may be very new and there also is probably a small fee. Just wanted to share the info. Thanks for all of yours!!!

 
At 8/31/2008 9:39 AM, Blogger MAR said...

this is a good blog, I think work hard will have a good results when you are learning a language...
although you can visit the country too... we live near barcelona, and we have a home in a town near pireenes too...
onavilalta@gmail.com

 
At 11/12/2008 2:40 PM, Blogger MĂșcio said...

Hi Rich, Congratulations for your initiative in sharing knowledge with the world! I'm from Brazil and your blog has been very useful for me to improve my spanish.

Thanks a lot and keep on doing that!!!

MĂșcio Batista
a brazilian Economist trying to learn spanish.

 
At 12/25/2008 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
How are you?

Your blog is very nice.
Please keep your good info update.

It's really important, and we could share information together.

Kind regards
bali tour guide

 
At 8/03/2010 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

learn spanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBHJLSixNQ

 
At 8/30/2010 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the following website for people interested in learning the Spanish Language:

 
At 8/30/2010 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://maenterprise.ecrater.com/

 
At 9/02/2010 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he No. 1 'Learn Spanish' Product In CB For 5 Years!
What makes the difference between a learn Spanish course that WORKS and one that doesn'tHow learning to speak Spanish your way is the key to your successHow you can become a confident Spanish speaker for hundreds of dollars LESS than other programs on the market
http://797b7ws9vh347k3k5aiargtkct.hop.clickbank.net/

 
At 1/17/2011 5:02 AM, Blogger Eose23 said...

http://www.rocketlanguages.com/spanish/premium/?aff=tjrinc&type=freecourse

 
At 1/17/2011 5:02 AM, Blogger Eose23 said...

http://www.rocketlanguages.com/spanish/premium/?aff=tjrinc&type=freecourse

 
At 1/19/2011 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn Spanish - Speak Spanish
--------------------
Rocket Languages Spanish
Synergy Spaish
Verbarrator (Spanish)
Learning Spanish Like Crazy
The Spanish Language Speed Learning Course
Streetwise Spanish
Spanish Online Course
Learn How To Speak Spanish
Learning Spanish Crazy 2
Speak Spanish Fast
General Linguistic Learn Spanish
Learn Spanish Language
Spanish Translator
Spanish Uno 2010
Follow My Spanish
--------------------
http://www.mywalletmarket.com
--------------------

 
At 5/31/2011 7:12 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

With todays technology learning Spanish is more accessible and easier to learn. These podcasts are a great example.

 
At 9/23/2021 3:20 AM, Blogger Adi shaikh said...

AP Spanish language and culture Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.AP Spanish language and culture Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home